Sunday, January 26, 2014

Separation Anxiety


I am so sorry. I can't believe I haven't made the time to sit down and write since November. I feel just awful! Life decided to grab me by the ankles and drag me out the door and so I am just now trying to get back up. Not much new in the life of Katie. The new year is about as new as it gets. I feel that 2014 is going to be a friend to me. I believe it is going to be a year of change (which is normally not my my cup of tea) and growth. I am going to embrace all that this year will bring to me and try to grow towards the sun. I know that every year, every day, is an opportunity to grow and to progressively change yourself but this year I am not going to let it (life) drag my ass across the floor by my hair while I kick and scream and try to fight it. I am going to stand up and run with it. My number one project for the year, and all that follow, is solely health. In that I mean physical, mental, emotional, and also the health of the relationships around me. While improving myself I want to also be a better daughter, sister, coworker, soldier, girlfriend, and friend. I know that this is going to be a challenge but I am ready to fill each position to the fullest of my ability. A better me and a better me FOR you. 

I promise to write more often and to take my camera out of the bag at least a few more times a month. I am going to work on not completely abandoning Second Rebel for weeks on end. The separation anxiety is not a fun part of my day. Until next time (hopefully not 3 months away), be well. Below are some pictures of a recent hike and coffee date. Thanks for not giving up on me.