Tuesday, February 25, 2014

E X P L O R E

Hello, hello! 

It's finally that time of the month- the time where I finally have found a couple of minutes to sit down and write Second Rebel! Well, I may be a little guilty...I have had a few more spare minutes before just this moment. I have a valid excuse, I swear. Over the past couple of weekends (aside from a couple of hours in the office and volunteer work) I have found myself in the desert seeking adventure terribly. I have been having the deepest desires to travel and explore new things but, as I am in the military, I am limited on vacation time. Since I am currently unable to escape to Europe, New York, or even Portland, the big sandbox around me here in Arizona will have to suffice! 

I ran with my inner tomboy a couple of weekends ago and hiked around Tucson, Arizona. There is something healing about these mountains, I swear! I also decided to get my hands on a couple of guns (don't worry- I am trained!) and practiced my shooting skills. I only shot at a little pond we found, so do not fret, no animals were injured during this process. I had a great time getting out and getting dirty while soaking up the Arizona sun. We have had absolutely beautiful weather recently!

As for my free-time last weekend, my best friend decided to finally show me a little hidden treasure of Arizona- Arcosanti. For those of you who are not familiar with Arcosanti, it is best described as an experimental "city of the future". Everything is designed so that cars will not have to be used and it is what you could call a "go green" location. There are many art exhibits always being set up, plays, a cafe to grub at and tours are offered as well. It is a neat little place!

As always, I have attached some photos below of my "backyard" adventures and hope you enjoy them as much as I did when I took them. As the temperature is getting warmer (for most of us!) make it a personal goal to get outside and explore even your own local areas, you never know what you could be missing.


                     
       
        

Everyone, meet baby Stephen! My 5 month old little brother!