Saturday, September 26, 2015

On The Side

Happy Weekend!

How are you all doing? I am doing just fine! Wishing this darn hot weather would go away, though. GOOD NEWS! For those of you who read my last post about Connor's job, I am so proud of him to have found another job so quickly! He will be working part-time and going to school full-time in October along with me! We are both so ready for this. I am still trying to plan out just exactly what I want to do in school now and after I get my undergrad, so stay tuned for that. I have crazy plans that don't really compliment each other so I need to do some hard thinking. That's what I'm up to for the most part this weekend...brainstorming, brainstorming, brainstorming.

Today I went to a new friend's bridal shower and it was so lovely. The weather was just right and it felt so nice to just be with some girls for a bit. After the shower, my sister-in-law Bethany and I went to a "Small Shop Roundup". For those of you who may not know what this is, it's basically a little get together of small, local home businesses and Etsy shops that come out and sell their crafts. They have paintings, prints, hand-made jewelry, clothes, pots, baby clothes and shoes, food trucks, cross-stitching and so much more! Every time I go it's an absolute dream (and nightmare because I spend all of our money). I think it's such a great idea and I love supporting the local small businesses. I have been to two of these fairs here in Provo now and it inspires me to get back into my art and creativity, which I have been having a hard time with recently. It's always been a big outlet for me and I want to continue to use it.

Aside from loving the therapeutic and creative outlet that art provides me, I have been wanting to take it further. Opening a small home shop has been an idea I have had going in and out of my head for quite awhile now and every time I go to these roundups it makes the idea that much stronger. It would be such a fun way to get involved with the community, do what I love and what feels good, and even make a little money on the side. Do you or have you ever had an Esty shop or a home business? Eventually I would love to do prints with my graphic design and I also love to do watercolor paintings. I could maybe make those into posters and calendars? I'm just tossing around ideas! Let me know if you have any input! It's late and I am writing out whatever is floating in my head and this happens to be it! Check out some pictures I snapped of the shops at the last couple of gatherings. **A couple of pictures used are from Instagram and do not belong to me**








 









Here are a couple of my most recent watercolors!






OH! I got my hair cut :)







XX,